My blogging community is brimming with ultra-creative people.
They’re remarkable. They make beautiful things with their hands, hearts and minds.
Or support projects that help talented artisans to make a living.
So today I’m celebrating these creative types and highlighting some of their products/projects that would make great gifts for loved ones.
- LOTUS WONDERS, made by women in a Cambodian village, in partnership with other women in Canada. Order products and read their story at: http://www.lotuswonders.com/collections/all
Thanks to consultant Stephanie MacKendrick, former head of Canadian Women in Communications, for bringing Lotus Wonders to my attention.
2. MICHAEL’S WOODCRAFT. Michael lives on a mountainside in S. Carolina. He carefully chooses the wood and makes each beautiful object himself: cutting boards, ice cream scoops, and other useful items.
Visit his blog and online shop at: http://michaelswoodcraft.wordpress.com/shop/
3. JEAN LONG AND JESSICA CHARNOCK’S CREATIONS. In their gorgeous log cabin east of Toronto, this couple is always creating beautiful objects.
Jessica hooks original wall-hangings using recycled wool, and makes large teddy bears using recycled fur.
Jean works with wood. He creates large pieces of furniture and unusual birdhouses and feeders.
See: https://cynthiasreyes.com/2014/01/11/youve-never-seen-birdhouses-like-jean-longs/ – or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. SIMPLY SPLENDID VICTORIAN AFTERNOON TEAS by Marilyn Mirabelli. Check out the gift packages including the Tea and Cookie of the Month Club.
5. SARAH VERNON’S FIRST NIGHT DESIGN. Blogger Sarah produces beautiful art prints.
See Sarah’s website at: http://www.firstnightdesign.co.uk/
6. BOOKS BY GIFTED AUTHORS:
- MT McGUIRE’s award-winning K’Barthan Trilogy series isn’t just for young people. She’s a very good writer, with a wicked sense of humour. Who else would write a trilogy made up four books? For more about her new release and the series, visit her blog: http://mtmcguire.co.uk/
You can also read about MT at: https://cynthiasreyes.com/2014/04/02/author-mt-mcguire-at-home/
- SK NICHOLLS’ writing has also been highly praised. Her new novel, a roman-a-clef, is titled Red Clay and Roses.
Visit her blog for more: http://redclayandroses1.wordpress.com/redclayandrose/
- WHEN CONCHI BLOWS, by Omar Sheriffe Vernon El Halawani. It’s an interesting book, based on the author’s own interracial family history in Jamaica. He died before the book was published, and asked that proceeds from it be used for a worthy cause. His cousin Robert Vernon carried out his wishes.
7. And, finally, from New Zealand, Quarter Acre Lifestyle has just launched their online store of handmade soaps and other products. I know this couple is still setting up some payment options, but thought I’d give their products a mention now. Visit: http://www.tumbledowns.co.nz/for-sale
As my blogger friend Gallivanta (whom I’ve never met in person) did for my book, A Good Home, I’m shining a little light on the good work of others.
**Dedicated to everyone who creates something, hoping that someone else will value it.**