The news today is that Myrtle has made “The List” — CQI Magazine’s list of must-read books. This is thrilling news indeed and we are very grateful.
At the end of the year, I also want to warmly acknowledge:
- Reviewers and journalists who’ve shone a spotlight on Myrtle the Purple Turtle and helped make it a bestseller
- Book-buyers who purchased a copy for their family, friends, local schools, libraries and charities — and some who sent me such delightful photos
- Teachers who are using Myrtle to instil in their students the value of compassion, respect, self-acceptance and friendship
- Librarians who have bought copies of the book for their members
- All of you who have supported my family and illustrator Jo Robinson along our unusual journey to publishing the story of Myrtle. That includes you — my blogging, Facebook and Twitter friends, who have cheered us on.
I wish you a healthy and rewarding new year.